Configuring IIS for Apollo ASP
The solution is to assign the proper security rights to directory that holds your data files.
The most common problem in getting Apollo ASP to work, is not with
Apollo ASP itself, but rather in configuring your IIS web server with the
proper rights to allow data access. Basically, you must set the proper "web"
rights to the directory containing your data files.
- Run IIS Management Console (v6.x/7.x)
- Select your web site, and expand the list of folders
- Find the directory that holds your data files
- Right-click, edit permissions
- Select "Security" Tab
- Click "Edit" button
- Enter "Everyone", click OK
- In the "Permissions for Everyone" pane, check
- [x] Modify
- Click OK
IIS (before v6)
- Run IIS (before version 6.x/7.x)
- Select your web site
- Right-click/properties on the directory that holds your data files
- Select "Directory" Tab (default tab) and check "[x] Read" and
"[x] Write" rights
- Select "Directory Security" Tab
- In the "Anonymous Access and Authentication" section, press
the Edit button
- Check "[x] Allow Anonymous Access" and press the Edit button
- Add "Guest" (this is not the same as "Internet Guest Account")
Add any Internet account that belongs to the "Guests" group.
Usually has a prefix "IUSR_xxx"
- In this same dialog:
IIS 5: Check [X] Allow IIS to Control
IIS 4: Uncheck [X] Enable Automatic Password Synchronization
If you are still unable to see data, try the following:
- Run Explorer
- Select the data directory
- NT: Select "Security" Tab and press the "Permissions"
Win2000: Press the "Advanced" button and select the "Permission" tab
(default first tab)
- Add "Everyone" to the list of permissions and set the rights
of "Everyone" to "Full Control" or allow "Read" and "Write".
Other configuration issues:
- Make sure the data files exist on the web server
- Make sure the files themselves are not marked as
- Confirm your web site root directory by calling the following
in your ASP code:
path = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH")
response.write( path )
- Confirm that the file and directory attributes are not set to
"Ready for Archive"